In a previous episode, we discussed upward mobility for neo-African diasporans. Many neo-African diasporans were brought up to believe traditional schooling was a ticket to success. Getting an education is something that is engrained in their psyche. In today’s episode:
We discuss how current models of education/schooling are outdated and do not adequately meet the challenges of the present world.
- We propose unschooling as an alternative for preparing children to become innovative, successful productive citizens and why neo-African diasporans should consider this approach
- We highlight the benefits of unschooling for all children and particularly for gifted and neurodivergent children –
- We explain the differences between unschooling and homeschooling
- We offer suggestions on how to begin unschooling
Call to Action:
- More research is needed to track the trajectory of unschooled children.
- We need to hear more stories about the experiences of parents and children undergoing unschooling, particularly those who are racial and ethnic minorities
- Visit our website (www.neoafricandiaspora.com/poll) to share your perspective on the issue of African immigrants assuming they will be moving back to Africa.
Disclaimer - We welcome your comments but please keep them civil. Strife to be respectful and constructive. To comment as a new user, please submit your name and email address along with your comments. As a returning user, you can add your comments by simply using your email address.